COMMANDER'S GUIDING PRINCIPLES
1. People like to play on a winning team and are willing to work harder and smarter to be on a winning team.
2. People who work with or in the Navy do so with an expectation of success. Leaders must understand what that means and be engaged in meeting or exceeding that expectation.
3. People should treat other people like they themselves wish to be treated and respect the rule of law as well as international and regional customs, to include a deep respect for religion and culture.
4. People serve our nation because they believe that is the best way they can take care of their families. Leaders are charged with taking care of our people and must ensure that our people are empowered to take care of their families.
5. As a nation in a long war we must mitigate risk to the maximum extent possible, while simultaneously accelerating toward excellence. Our people and our equipment are national treasures and we must take care of them – everywhere and all of the time.
6. Excellence is its own reward. We must strive to be the best in the world in everything we do. We should continually accelerate toward excellence in every endeavor.